Ephesians 2:19-22 (NKJV): Now, therefore, you are no longer strangers and foreigners, but fellow citizens with the saints and members of the household of God, having been built on the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ Himself being the chief cornerstone, in whom the whole building, being fitted together, grows into a holy temple in the Lord, in whom you also are being built together for a dwelling place of God in the Spirit.

Monday, August 10, 2009

Song Stories: Thank You Lord

From Don
05.19.09

I was sitting at my church in the balcony, looking at the congregation, and wishing I had a simple song of thanks that people can sing. Praise and worship songs can get very complicated. The congregation really wants to worship, but sometimes as leaders we make it difficult musically and lyrically for them to do that.

That Sunday in my own church, I asked the Lord to give me a song that causes people to give thanks to Him easily, that puts thanksgiving on their lips. The result was "Thank You Lord."

Thanksgiving is the first step to come into His presence: Psalm 100:4 NIV "Enter His gates with thanksgiving and His courts with praise. Simply saying "Thank You Lord" is one of the most powerful concepts in worship. To say thank You "for all You've given to me, for all the blessings that I cannot see" is powerful because we're remembering what He's done in the past and thanking Him for all He's going to do in the future. I pray those words in every concert. If you can say "Thank You" for something you haven't seen yet--a job, a car, a healing--that is powerful.

- Don

No comments:

.