Ephesians 2:19-22 (NKJV): Now, therefore, you are no longer strangers and foreigners, but fellow citizens with the saints and members of the household of God, having been built on the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ Himself being the chief cornerstone, in whom the whole building, being fitted together, grows into a holy temple in the Lord, in whom you also are being built together for a dwelling place of God in the Spirit.

Saturday, December 25, 2010

12th day of Christmas: Go tell it on the mountain

Go tell it on the mountain, Over the hills and everywhere,
Go tell it on the mountain, Our Jesus Christ is born.

When I was a seeker I sought both night and day,
I asked the Lord to help me, And he showed me the way.

He made me a watchman Upon a city wall,
And if I am a Christian, I am the least of all.




The words and lyrics of the spiritual Christmas Carol 'Go tell it to the Mountain 'are by John W. Work, Jr. (1872-1925). John Work was famous for Folk Songs of the American Negro in Nashville, Tennessee in 1907. He graduated from Fisk University in 1898 and became a teacher. He died on September 7th 1925 in Nashville, the same town he was born in.
Our grateful thanks goes to Eric Halstead for giving his kind permission to play his self sequenced midi file of this superb piano rendition of this Christmas Carol.

No comments:

.